City of Alturas Sign
Now, Alturas is a small town in North eastern California in Modoc County (I believe it's called the municipal capital) with a population of about three thousand people. The scenery around there is absolutely stunning, filled with mountains and wide open spaces where you can see for miles.
Goose Lake, Modoc County
I lived there for a little over six months, working for the Forest Service doing archaeological survey work and finding cool lithic scatters and arrowheads, along with a few spear heads and knives.
Arrowhead
I even worked with a few characters like Larry who's a bit of a mountain man, shaman, psychic and just all-around cool guy.
Larry's T-Shirt
The work was hot, tiring, completely frustrating at times, but I had the best time of my life there and met some friends for life.
Laura's Snowman in June, Sugar Hill, Modoc National Forest





No comments:
Post a Comment