Really? Anything? Okay. I guess that shouldn't be too difficult. Let's see ...
I have a digital camera and it's the greatest thing in the world because I can delete any hideous photo. It's the biggest pain in the world because it takes forever to auto-focus and by the time it's ready to take the photo, the object that I'm photographing has often moved away. I have also failed to print out any of the hundreds of photos that are currently sitting on my computer. So yes, it's fantastic, but it seems this little piece of technology comes with its issues.
I love my laptop because it's small, portable and a pretty blue colour. I hate my laptop because it's four years old, cannot be unplugged because the battery has died and the technology within it is now completely outdated so it won't run any new programmes (read, games). This basically means I'll eventually have to fork out another small fortune to get a new laptop or computer. Again, amazing technology and tool, but many many issues.
I might need to find a techno-psychologist after all this soul-searching!
Now, the Playstation 3 it must be said is a fairly remarkable piece of technology. It plays the most amazing games, absolutely visually stunning stuff, doubles as a DVD player and apparently (if you listened to the news a few nights ago) goes through electricity at a most disgusting rate. So much for power-saving in my household!
In a post about technology I can't forget my cellphone. It's cute, pink, has a camera that takes the most grainy photos and has a cellphone charm that really complements the phone's colour. It's also expensive to make a phone call (and I thought pre-pay would be cheaper) and anyone can get hold of you at any time! There was a time when I hardly turned my phone on because "it's for emergencies" but now the thing is never off, even when it's charging.
I think after all this talk I would have to say that technology has given us some amazing advancements, but it comes with many drawbacks that may have been forgotten about in the hype and excitement of new things.
New beginnings!
13 years ago
2 comments:
Love your rant! I refused for years to get a cell phone and finally crumbled. Now the darn thing is on 24-7 and I feel naked without it. Why do I need to be contactable 24-7? I'm just not that important!
Hi Digger Chic,
I love your blog and you are an inspiration to me. I really enjoyed doing some of the blog things but also found some very frustrating and time consuming. I loved writing about the technology also.
Post a Comment