Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Picnik with Web 2.0

Following on from Zoho, on online word processor, I decided to look at Picnik, an online image editor. I have a pretty good, free, one on my computer called IrfanView, which I find suits most of my needs because it even has the ability to resize images without losing quality, but I thought I'd see if Picnik had the same, or more, functionality. That, and I just like posting pretty pictures to my blog.

Picnik is pretty good because you don't need to register to enjoy most of its benefits, although I did notice it had a subscription charge if you wanted to do more with it. It was also good because it worked in conjunction with Flickr and Facebook. There were loads of cool effects (even a "shine begone" one!) and things you could do to pictures, a few were very cool like gooify and doodle, but I like my photo of the Phantom Ship rock formation at Crater Lake, Oregon too much to wreck it much. So here are the effects I chose: Orton-ish, Cinemascope, and 1960s.

No comments: