Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Confusing Hell of RSS

I thought I was fairly computer savvy. I mean, I can work the hell out of the internet, I'm scary at Excel, I'm pretty good at Word, Publisher even Access ... I'm a whiz at ArcGIS, MapInfo, ARC's CHI and JDE (can I use anymore abbreviations?!) ... but I must admit, Bloglines nearly got the better of me.

I guess the first clue was when I tried to subscribe to several feeds and they never showed up on the left hand side (guess it didn't like Firefox), so I moved onto Internet Explorer at work (worked somewhat better I suppose). Then there was the hell of copying and pasting people's blogs into the subscribe field - not at all user-friendly. So, really, the only conclusion I can draw from this exercise is that I didn't like RSS feeds before and this hasn't endeared me to them now.

After all that, if anyone's interested, here are my feeds:

http://www.bloglines.com/public/diggerchic

No comments: